Seafish, has today revealed the ten best new fish and chip shops in the country as semi-finalists in the ‘Best Newcomer Award’, one of 14 categories in the 2019 National Fish & Chip Awards.
The top ten best newcomers in the UK (in alphabetical order) are:
- Alma Park Fish Bar, Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Felixstowe Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe, Suffolk
- Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove, Chester, Cheshire
- FishFace, Lichfield, Staffordshire
- Hook and Line, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Knights of Pontefract, Pontefract, West Yorkshire
- Paignton Pier Chippy Co., Paignton, Devon
- The Bearded Sailor, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- The Fisherman’s Kitchen, Southsea, Portsmouth
- The Friary, Beauly, Inverness-shire
Each of these entrepreneurial start-ups has been judged against a variety of criteria including: the level of innovation displayed when running a fish and chip shop, knowledge and understanding of sustainability and responsible sourcing of products, customer service levels and the quality of fish and chips they serve.
For the next stage, judges will make unannounced mystery dining visits where they will carefully examine each of the businesses, to determine the top three newcomers. The finalists will then compete for the winner’s title at the National Fish & Chip Awards ceremony in London on 24 January 2019.
KFE would like to congratulate all of the finalists and wish them all the best for the next round, KFE are the proud supplier of Paignton Pier, The Fisherman’s Kitchen & The Friary.