Women in Fish and Chips (WiFC) has announced its conference theme for 2021 is ‘Innovating to Thrive’. The free webinar event will take place on January 18th 2021.
“It’s been a tough year in hospitality,” said Elit Rowland, head of communications at JJ Foodservice – founder and organiser of WiFC. “Despite many restrictions, fish and chip shops have found innovative ways to grow and attract new customers.
“From opening boutique hotels, to viral Tik Tok videos and successful local partnerships – shops have stopped at nothing to keep selling fish and chips to their local communities.”
The webinar spotlights some of the most progressive female-owned and run businesses in the UK and is designed to help people “connect, be inspired and grow”, said Elit.
The speaker line-up includes award-winning proprietors:
- Tori Howard, director of Hooked-on-the-Heath, Cheshire
- Caroline Howard, owner of Our Plaice, Warwick
- Lorraine Arnold, owner of Paignton Pier Chippy, Paignton
- Vicky Webster, owner of Captain Cod, Christchurch
- Sarah Heward, co-owner of The Real Food Café, Tyndrum.
Consumer trends will be addressed by Loren Hiller, senior commercial officer, Marine Stewardship Council, and Suzi Pegg-Darlison, market insight analyst, Seafish.
The event takes place from 10am-12:50pm. Register here